4th of July Pray~Hope~Believe 5K Run/Walk
April 20, 2020
For many, these are times of uncertainty and fear. This is certainly true for families who have a child battling brain cancer. These families already struggle with fears of their child becoming seriously ill due to being immuno-compromised. They already have to juggle childcare, finances, work obligations, etc - and all of these are amplified during the current situation. With that in mind, we are still planning the 9th annual Pray Hope Believe 5K (PHB 5K) on July 4th. Obviously, we are working with Colerain Township - and following the guidance of the experts - to determine how we can do so. We have had the virtual participant option for several years so that will remain an option. For now, we are proceeding as usual, but will provide updates as we learn more. Please know the health and safety of all is of the highest importance to us. In the meantime, if you are in a position to still offer support to PHBF, we welcome it. Young people continue to be diagnosed and treated. Research continues. Your support of PHBF is still needed and is making a difference. Please join as you are able in any of these ACTION steps:
- REGISTER for the PHB 5K Run/Walk. Enter the event in which you hope to participate - Run, Walk, Virtual. The event type can be easily changed, if needed, in the future.
- Form or join a Fundraising TEAM when registering. This is a great way to add to the fun and spirit of the event - motivating and supporting one another.
- Become a SPONSOR or encourage your employer to do so. Sponsorship at any level is welcome. We have already received donations for our BASKET RAFFLE so will figure out a way to make this happen - and continue to accept additional items.
- INVITE others to register, sponsor, support in some way.
- We invite children and teens to join our ART CONTEST for the design of our advertising documents and t-shirts. Email us at email@example.com for further information. We have extended the deadline to May 15, 2020.
- Continue to lift our PHBF families in PRAYER. They express their gratitude for the support you offer them.
YOU, we have funded $477,280 in research since our inception in 2011. We are a strictly volunteer-run organization, so all profits go directly toward our mission. We fund specific grants so we know exactly how our funds are being used and by whom.
TOGETHER, we are truly making a difference in the lives of young people battling brain cancer and their families. Please consider continuing or beginning a partnership with us for the 9th annual
PHB 5K on July 4, 2020. For more information, please visit www.prayhopebelieve.org
, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Rick (513-304-2388). We thank you for your consideration in helping us bring HOPE to young people battling brain cancer - especially during these trying times.
~ Rick & Lynne Merk
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 SPONSORS: